Monday, January 30, 2012

Wow! Sunday proved to be an incredible day in Bergen. Sun, sun, sun, sun, sun....Here is a photo from our walk from Eidsvag to Munkebotn and then on to Fløibanen. This is above Munkebotn, and looking down on Vaagen...it was just a priceless day (ha ha) and made my heart glad to be here. Constantly in my thoughts are, "CAN I live here? Will I find work? Where will I live? Can I afford it, even when I know that expenses are all relative? Am I absolutely crazy for wanting to spend some of my time here on the planet living on some other continent? Shouldn't everyone try that?"....BAH! Shut up, head, and let your eyes have a direct route to the heart, even if just for a day!!! Jeesh. I'm just wondering how the inner conversation will change when the rain starts.....I'll cross that river when I get to it.

Meanwhile, I'll just post some more photos, since I don't have anything profound to say. Here are Ela and Jarle, "nordic walking" up the snow/ice. It actually was quite icy, but not so much that we shouldn't manage. LOTS of folks out for the day, and to my delight, LOTS of dogs!!!!

Two happy campers, taking advantage of every moment of sunshine, knowing that it could be so fleeting....you can check the weather forecast at the upper right of my blog...


With a sunny day comes a nice sunset. We hiked well, and this is pretty much the end of my first week....I apologize for not posting more interesting photos, but posting pictures on this particular blog spot is a royal pain....More can be seen on my FB (Teresa Owens, Las Vegas), but I'm aware that most of you are not there. So...I'll try to be kind and put as many as I have the patience for here.

I spent today riding the busses and going to town, doing some shopping (THAT will come to an end soon...must find some more interesting and cheaper diversions) for things that I needed...dictionary, paper, food, etc....Perhaps this week, I will go to the aquarium. I can imagine that it's quite something. Tomorrow, I meet with someone who can take a look at John's papers and let me know of the job prospects for him. It IS darned cold here, but I think that is more a consequence of my living in the desert for 20 years...my blood has become quite thin....or is it thick? The scary thing is that it is not considered to be cold right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment