Saturday, January 21, 2012

In how many hours?

So....I am leaving on Monday morning, for 2 months of winter in Bergen, Norway, and of course, have not even begun to pack. No big deal if I lived in a climate even remotely similar, but having been in the desert now for 20 years, I don't even own bug-spray anymore. And rain-gear? Ha!

I'm all shopped out now, which is probably why I can admit that I have my credit card number memorized (is that a blessing or a curse?). Now comes the thankless task of winnowing all this stuff for it's eventual home in the luggage. I think I'll have another small cocktail before starting on that task, right? "What do you MEAN, I have packed no underwear!!!".....

The photo above is from my "backyard", Calico Basin the Red Rocks Recreation Area. It is where I hike, rock-climb, and walk the dogs. I believe I will be gazing at it often as it most likely has 2 colors that won't be in my repertoire for the next 9 weeks....red....and blue. Unless, of course, you're talking about the Norwegian flag. Which in that case, should be grey and green....

Well, I had better get to it. I certainly do not want to forget anything (purchasing replacement items in Norway is really to be avoided, I think $$$$$). I confess to putting off packing by using my cats as an excuse (they'll just climb in there and get everything full of hair!). But then again, having dog and cat hair with me may be more comforting than I will know. Vi skal se?

4 comments:

  1. Awesome that you made a blog! Keep us posted. I know your hubby will be especially happpy to read your posts. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SO much Jill! By the way, have you found a cure to what was ailing you? It seems I saw a post about naturopaths? Surely am missing those times we snow-shoed together....I'll post some snow stuff when I get up into the mountains there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy trails, Teresa! I can't wait to hear all about your journey...as you live it! xoxo Linda H

      Delete