Sunday, April 15, 2012

Hangover Heaven

New Link!  I've added Las Vegas weather to my gadgets, so you guys in Norway can have a little something to drool over...for a couple months anyway. 


Well, another weekend is over, and we've now hit 39 traffic fatalities year-to-date in Las Vegas.  This time, the driver actually drove onto the sidewalk and hit the 63 year old woman who apparently thought she would be safe there.  We just have 1.8 more traffic related fatalities to go to keep up with the running weekly average.  


I sort of made a promise to myself to not go negative with this blog, and I will make every effort to do so.  But like a political campaign, it's hard to resist the temptation!  I will do my darndest however, to look upon things with wonder, amazement, and amusement....just like a 2 year old.  Heck, it's what so many Americans do, so I may was well join 'em.


Oh my god, I had just finished a huge paragraph about Norwegian vs. American tax codes, and my husband walked in with the newspaper that contains an article about "Hangover Heaven", a mobile medical bus manned by an anesthesiologist who cruises the Strip, administering relief to all-nighter partiers.  Ok, remember, I just got back from a country that covers the beer in the grocery store aisles with beer-curtains at 8pm on weekdays and 6 pm on Saturdays (or is it Fridays?) because they do not sell beer after those hours.  "Regular price is $200, but Saturday's patients were charged an introductory rate of $150.  It included two bags of saline mixed with vitamins and two prescription drugs, ....Toradol and Zofran....Hangover Heaven is offering a service that can potentially help crowded emergency rooms..."  And here's the response from a customer who had some reservations about the fact that prescription drugs were being administered, "...[T]hey're all wearing scrubs...We assume this is a legitimate business."  The treatment they received, which is called "Redemption" was on special that day for only $90.  And, of course, this is Vegas, so "Wearing a white, sexy nurse costume with white fishnet stockings and white keee-high boots, medical assistant Crystal Willis added a real Vegas touch to the atmosphere." I hope there is an added touch of licensed medical practice along with that!   The funny thing is, that these folks aren't getting this treatment so they can catch their plane home (unlike the ones that were on my first flight who caused us to turn around so they could get off the plane to nurse their epic hangovers).  No way, man!  They're getting on this bus so they can go pull another all-nighter! (and then get on the bus again before catching their flight home).


I think Vegas will make a comeback.  In a country that is increasingly going insane (I'll post later about the rancher who has the BLM running scared because they want to enforce the law on his expired lease to graze his cattle, and he has threatened basically another sagebrush rebellion), people are increasingly searching for a way to anesthetize themselves.  Just hop on a budget airline, check into any hotel, drink yourself into Oz, check into the Hangover Heaven bus for a 90 minute treatment, rinse, and repeat.  


Hangover Heaven doctor treats the buzz kill on Strip - Living - ReviewJournal.com


I think I know what my next investment is going to be!  Anyone got a line on a used 45 ft. bus?  Oh hell yeah!  All those repo'd RV's!!!!!!


Now THAT'S America, my friend, where business opportunities abound to anyone willing and able.  And I mean that in a good way.  


See?  I'm turning a new leaf already  (quick, before it turns into mulch...).  I may need to rename the blog "Leafing Las Vegas"....


Upcoming editions:
Pole dancers in plexi-glassed moving-trucks that drive up and down the Strip (finally outlawed though)


Rancher's Standoff


Any other crazy Vegas story that comes along.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, but it's a dry heat.
    Servicing self-destructive behavior is big business. Do they have competitions for projectile vomiting yet? Gotta love free enterprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd come up with a good one! And that's 2 jobs created: one, to collect entrance fees, two, to clean up the mess. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete